TELLING Architectural is excited to reveal that it has started work on a contract to supply GRC façade panels worth £1 million + for a major new business location in the capital, being developed by Lendlease.
On the back of the company’s reputation for supplying and designing innovative facades, Telling was recruited in February to join the design team behind the impressive Lendlease project in Stratford, London.
Lendlease’s eagerly-awaited The International Quarter is less than 10 minutes from London’s centre at the gateway to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Telling is designing and supplying the glass fibre reinforced concrete (GRC) panels for the facades for the first two buildings, Glasshouse Gardens, which are for residential use.
The award came from Prater Limited the UK’s leading specialists in the provision of complete building envelope solutions, with whom Telling has worked closely since last summer on the first phase of this multi-billion pound project.
Telling relishes the role it can play in creating what is being hailed as: “London’s most exciting new business address”.
The GRC panels manufactured for The International Quarter are being produced in textured and pigmented grey, lightweight GRC ‘Norskreen’ system.
‘Norskreen, was chosen for a host of reasons including that it ticked the boxes on value and optimum weight, as well as ease of distribution and installation.
To meet the demands of the Prater supply chain procedures for this substantial project, a digital scanning system has been installed at Telling Architectural’s purpose-built manufacturing plant.
This will allow Telling to meet the challenges of traceability as well as the accuracy required to deliver the 7,000m2 – around 9,000 GRC panels – under ISO 9001 manufacturing systems.
GRC is widely used as a cladding material for new construction and refurbishment where it can provide natural aggregate and brick faced panels in lightweight or storey height panels either traditionally mounted or readily integrated within off-site unitised construction.
Mr Alistair Hill, the Prater Project Director responsible for the The International Quarter project, said “Telling have played a key role with their upfront support and genuinely proactive and collaborative approach when looking at the specific project requirements. It was recognised early in the process that barcoding would be a particularly effective way to manage the multitude of GRC panels. For Telling to have assessed and implemented this system shows great foresight, both for this development and all future works.”
- The International Quarter is a joint venture development between Lendlease and LCR
- Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group. In the UK, it is the only fully integrated retail, residential and commercial provider delivering end-to-end property solutions. The company has core capabilities in development, investment management, construction, asset and property management.
- Lendlease is behind some of London’s largest and most exciting mixed-use regeneration projects such as Elephant & Castle and The International Quarter.
- Lendlease is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and operates in four key regions – Australia, Asia, Americas and Europe. The group has more than 12,600 employees worldwide.
- Lendlease is listed on the Dow Jones World Sustainability Index (DJSI) and in 2012 ranked in the top eight per cent of property companies, achieving scores of 90 per cent or higher in a range of categories.